I began my criminal defense career in January 1993 and practiced in public defense firms in Everett and Seattle until September 2012 when I returned to school to earn an advanced law degree. I opened my own private criminal defense practice in May 2015.
As a criminal defense attorney, I have represented clients in thousands of felony and misdemeanor matters. I have conducted over 100 jury trials in matters including homicide, violent “3rd Strike” offenses, sex offenses, domestic violence, child abuse, elder abuse, kidnapping, robbery, burglary, theft, fraud, drug offenses, and DUI and other driving offenses. I also have experience practicing in therapeutic courts including Mental Health Court and Drug Court, as well as Family Court and Juvenile Court.
During my final years in public defense, I was promoted to a managing attorney position. In that role, I supervised other felony attorneys, investigators, social workers, paralegals, and interns. I enjoyed the opportunity to work on the most challenging aspects of our clients’ cases and provide support and guidance to my colleagues.
I opened my own law practice because I want to limit my caseload so that I can devote more time to each of my clients’ cases. Criminal allegations often carry consequences far beyond the charge itself. I am able to devote the time necessary to look at each client’s situation from every angle and pursue positive results in every aspect of the case that impacts them. I look forward to exploring with you how I can best help you achieve your goals.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Washington, 1992
- University of Washington School of Law, Seattle, Washington, L.L.M. – June 2013
- City University of New York School of Law at Queens College, Flushing, New York, J.D June 1990
- University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, B.A. – June 1987
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Washington State Bar Association (WSBA) Admitted to practice June 1992
- King County Bar Association (KCBA)
- Snohomish County Bar Association (SCBA)
- Washington Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys (WACDL)
- Washington Defender Association (WDA)
- National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys (NACDL)